- FRESH FLAVOR: Six boxes of 50 Darjeeling tea bags. Darjeeling tea is a sophisticated tea with a woody aroma and slightly dry, delicate taste. Steep for three minutes for the perfect cup of darjeeling tea.
- ONLY THE FINEST QUALITY: Our expert blenders source only the finest leaves cultivated to our exacting standards by trusted growers around the world. From these tea gardens we hand-select the leaves that will shape your next Twinings moment.
- DARJEELING TEA: There are few places on earth as enchanting as Darjeeling, a small but vibrant town in the Indian state of West Bengal. Darjeeling tea is a thin-bodied, light, woody taste.
- RICH HISTORY: In 1706 Thomas Twining began selling fine tea from an English storefront in The Strand, London. Today, Twinings still sells teas from the original store and in more than 100 countries throughout the world.
- HAND SELECTED FOR YOUR HOME: Made without artificial ingredients, Twinings natural teas provide a wholesome tea experience. If you enjoy Bigelow Tea, Lipton Tea, Harney and Sons Tea, Davidsons Tea, or Prince of Peace Tea, try Twinings of London Tea.
Darjeeling teas are grown in the foothills of the Himalayan Mountains in northeast India. The high altitude, soil and climate of the Darjeeling plantations contribute towards the unique and delicate taste of this tea. Twinings Darjeeling uses the finest first and second flush teas (those picked in the spring and summer) in this blend. Darjeeling is often regarded by connoisseurs as one of the finest teas. Darjeeling is best drunk black or with a touch of milk. The light golden black tea from the foothills of the Himalayas is considered the champagne of all teas. They are expertly blended with a delicate and unique character that is likened to the Muscatel grape.
About the Brand
Since 1706, Twinings has been at the forefront of the tea trade. Customers in more than 100 countries enjoy Twinings products, and not just the popular traditional favorites: Twinings now includes products such as fruit and herbal infusions, aromatic teas, and iced teas. These fresh flavors reflect a worldwide trend toward a healthier and more varied lifestyle. The new flavors are as successful as the traditional ones, because Twinings prepares them using skills acquired through three centuries of experience. After quenching thirsts for so many generations, no one knows better than Twinings how to deliver a drink that's in perfect condition. Although British-based, and still operating in England, Twinings also has plants in North Carolina and Calcutta, India. Success in the competitive worldwide tea market was confirmed in 1972 (and again in 1977) when Twinings became the first tea company to win a Queen's Award for Export.